What About My Special Wedding Songs?
Whether itís the song that played in the background on your first date or engagement, or a song by an artist that you both love, many couples have particular songs that are significant to them.
Incorporating special songs in to your wedding day might be something youíve given lots of thought, or something that hasnít come up in your planning yet.
Hereís a quick guide to wedding songs:
For a wedding ceremony, there are three points when music is generally played. They are:
For a wedding reception, there are six points when music is generally played. They are:
Bridal Party Entrance
For each moment, there might be a different atmosphere you would like to achieve. For example, a celebratory and fun song for the bridal party entrance and something a bit saucy for the garter throw. If you arenít sure what atmosphere youíd like to create, just ask us for help and weíll work with you to ensure that the vibe is just how you want it.
- Processional (1 song as the bride comes down the aisle)
- Signing of the register (1 - 2 songs) and;
- Recessional (1 song as the couple returns down the aisle after the ceremony).
Also, if you have a special song in mind that isnít on your artistís song list, let us know because they may be able to learn it for you!
Should I use mp3s or live music for my special moments?
Live music is a lovely way to punctuate your special moments throughout the evening. However there are some occasions where recordings work best. So how do you know whether to use a recording or have your artist perform a song live? This depends on a few factors:
If the answer to any of the above questions is "Yes" then an mp3 recording for those moments is likely to be the most appropriate option. We understand that everyoneís event is different, however, so donít hesitate to ask if you arenít sure what is best for you.
- Does the special moment fall outside the live performance time youíve nominated for your artist to perform?
- Does the special moment need music that can be faded in and out in between announcements, eg for the Bridal Party Entrance?
- Have you learnt a choreographed dance routine for your Bridal Waltz?
- Does your artist specify which special moments they do live, and which ones they use recordings for? These specifications are based on the artistís own experience and expertise in wedding performances. So we recommend following the suggestions, to ensure your special moments are as memorable and fun as possible!
If you have booked an act with us and are finding that song selection is all a bit overwhelming or you are stuck for choices for these special moments, just email us at email email@example.com and ask for our suggestions - we can send you through some ideas!